Professional license is required to purchase this item.
- This preparation is designed solely for parenteral use only after addition of drugs that require dilution or must be dissolved in an aqueous vehicle prior to injection.
- 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic, isotonic solution of sodium chloride and water for injection.
- Each mL contains sodium chloride 9 mg. It contains no bacteriostat, antimicrobial agent or added buffer and is supplied only in single-dose containers to dilute or dissolve drugs for injection. 0.308 mOsmol/mL (calc.). 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP contains no preservatives.
- The solution may contain hydrochloric acid and/or sodium hydroxide for pH adjustment. pH 5.3 (4.5 to 7.0).
- Sodium Chloride, USP is chemically designated NaCl, a white crystalline compound freely soluble in water.
- The semi-rigid vial is fabricated from a specially formulated polyolefin. It is a copolymer of ethylene and propylene. The safety of the plastic has been confirmed by tests in animals according to USP biological standards for plastic containers.
- The container requires no vapor barrier to maintain the proper drug concentration.